Vibration Strength Training
improve muscle strength
faster recovery between workouts
see results up to 2x faster
- increased explosivenss
- faster recovery from injury
- aids in injury prevention
- increase range of motion
- promotes joint mobility
- activate up to 100% of muscle fibers
- become more flexible
- increased production of growth & repair hormones
- improve coordination
- strengthen stabilizer muscles
- increase core strength
- instant energy boost
- perform functional movements
- aids in muscle memory
- strengthen bone tissue
- faster warm-up tool
Vibration muscle strength training is a fairly modern innovation athletes now use for conditioning and rehabilitation. Touted by the military, sports team trainers and professional athletes as one of the most efficient tools for developing muscle power/mass, Whole Body Vibration power plate training is rapidly becoming the exercise of choice for many serious athletes.
What Is A Vibration Workout?
VibePlate’s vertical vibration platforms induce a hyper-gravity condition by generating accelerated vibrations. These vibrations produce oscillations within your muscles. In turn, your muscles respond to these oscillations by presenting a tonic vibration reflex that stimulates and passively works out your musculoskeletal system. Just as vigorous exercise provides numerous health benefits to your body, power plate training with a VibePlate platform also offers the same physiological advantages — but in less time and with more efficiency.
You can also change the frequency and size of vibrations to target areas of your body that especially need the health benefits of a vibration workout. By making minor but powerful changes in your muscle length via vibration modification, you can generate the amount of reflex-muscle activity required to achieve your workout goals. Sustaining the process of muscle contraction, muscle relaxation, muscle contraction for 10 to 15 minutes activates muscle spindles. They promote muscle growth and expedite recovery following vigorous physical activity.
Research Studies Support Vibration Muscle Strength Training
A 1999 investigation into the effects of a vibration training workout on the forearm flexors of boxers found that muscle power in boxers treated with Whole Body Vibration significantly increased compared to a control group. Another 1999 study investigating the effect of vibration training on biceps strength discovered that both professional and amateur athletes experienced increased power during three sets of biceps curls following power plate training.
In 2005, a researcher wanted to test the efficacy of vibration training on the flexibility, grip strength and jump performance of professional female hockey players. The players stood on a vibration platform for 10 minutes but did not know whether the vibration platform was on or off. The results conclusively indicated that when players received vibrations, they enjoyed significant improvements in jump performance and body flexibility.
VibePlate Training Glossary For Athletes
To optimize your vibration muscle strength training, here are terms you should know that help explain the science behind Whole Body Vibration training:
- Frequency — This refers to the number of oscillations, or repetitions, your VibePlate platform produces for each one-second cycle. Remember that the higher the frequency, the heavier the load placed on your musculoskeletal system.
- Amplitude — The VibePlate goes up to 2mm, the lower the amplitude and displacement the better it is on the body. The higher the amplitude the more rough it is and can cause injury and discomfort. This why ours only goes up to 2mm.
- Duration — An optimal vibration training workout session typically lasts around 15 minutes or longer for athletes.
- Repetitions — This number indicates how many times you repeat your vibration training exercises.
- External load — Professional athletes and weight trainers frequently perform knee extensions, barbell squats and other “loads” that boost the health benefits of power plate training.
VibePlate specializes in whole body power plate vibrating platforms for workout training and exercising. Contact us today for more information about power plate training by calling 866.858.9481 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The benefits listed on this web site are based on independent studies which reference years of research into (WBV) whole body vibration exercise.